PDA

View Full Version : Question about false ribs on a IV

awcbs
02-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Do the top false ribs on a model IV sit flush with the main ribs or sit a little higher? Thanks

t j
02-12-2010, 08:14 AM
The false rib tops should be flush with the top of the main ribs. Are yours sticking up a little higher than the main ribs? There were some kits back in the mid 90s...I think it was...that had a problem with the false rib stringer. The notch that the false ribs sit in was cut too shallow.

awcbs
02-12-2010, 08:49 AM
yes they were sticking up a little. I cut a notch to sit them flush, but reading through te manual it said only cut a shallow notch. which leaves them sticking up. in the manual it states bottom ribs flush, but no mention about tops. so before I glued them in I thought I'd ask. It also is an older kit, mid 90's. thanks for the answer! AJ

Jfquebec
09-30-2012, 02:58 PM
I read your comment,and i check my top false ribs,and His all sticking up a little

My wing are quick built,so do you think it is realy bad??:confused:

Jd

t j
09-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Here are a couple pictures. The false ribs should not stick up higher than the main ribs at any point along their length.

I can't remember for sure but I think the problem with the false ribs sticking up above the main ribs was with Quick build wings.

Jfquebec
09-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Forget it :o i check the bottom false ribs ,,the top one are ok..sorry ,,,