PDA

View Full Version : Mass Balance weights question

TJay
04-02-2022, 10:59 AM
When installing the 4 separate mass balance weights the book only has the measurements for one wing must they be offset on the other side like we use to have to do? These are the 4 model 7 type. Thanks TJay

DesertFox4
04-05-2022, 11:28 AM
TJay. Finally got to airport to check if there is an offset to weights on flapperons.
No offset on my 7 Super Sport. Both outside weights are exactly 6 inches inboard from the last flapperon hanger at the tip end of the wing.
The other two weights are 7.5 inches inboard of the middle flapperon bracket.

avidflyer
04-05-2022, 03:07 PM
I read this the last post here today, and that's when I remembered I said I would measure mine. I did measure mine on my Kitfox 4, and going from the ends of the flaperons to the center of the weights, the one on the pilot's side is about 6" in, the passenger's side is about 11". So a difference on mine at least. If they hit each other when the wings are folded, then offsetting them seems like a wise idea. After typing this, I got the idea, why don't I look in the manual??? This is my Kitfox 4 manual, and it shows the weights 4 3/4" difference. It says to stagger them so they don't hit when the wings are folded. This was on page W-D-7 1992 edition for Kitfox 4 1200 classic. JImChuk

TJay
04-05-2022, 05:43 PM
Thanks Guys