PDA

View Full Version : Form 8050-88 - Registering Kitfox

klamberth27
02-09-2022, 05:05 PM
What is the very first box U.S. Identification used for?

Jerrytex
02-09-2022, 05:30 PM
I believe its your N Number. At least that's what I put in that blank.

rv9ralph
02-09-2022, 05:47 PM
If you have access to KitPlanes online issue archive, the March 2021 issue has an article with block by block guide to complete the online registration application form.

Ralph

klamberth27
02-09-2022, 07:00 PM
I believe its your N Number. At least that's what I put in that blank.

Thanks Jerry. I have a N number reserved but the aircraft is not yet registered. Was curious if I should put it in some of those fields or leave blank and then state I would like to use my reserved N#

Kitfox Pilot
02-09-2022, 07:06 PM
This is the best online help aid that that I used for getting my AWC. It answers most of the how to questions.
https://www.kitplanes.com/navigating-the-new-faa-airworthiness-certificate-application-program/

klamberth27
02-09-2022, 07:12 PM
If you have access to KitPlanes online issue archive, the March 2021 issue has an article with block by block guide to complete the online registration application form.

Ralph

Wish I did. Want to make sure I don't have to resubmit. Also i'm the third owner of this kit. I have the original receipt from the first owner from 97 and a bill of sale from the second owner but no bill of sale from the original to the second owner. I read other posts and looks like some had success selecting built from parts and others submitting the Kitfox Bill of Sale Issue writeup letter. FAA shows to change the Bill of sale 8050-2 from Bill of Sale to Kit of sale but then is everyone supposed to sign? Will I have to mail this around to try and get everyone's signature or just sign myself?

klamberth27
02-09-2022, 07:24 PM
This is the best online help aid that that I used for getting my AWC. It answers most of the how to questions.
https://www.kitplanes.com/navigating-the-new-faa-airworthiness-certificate-application-program/

Thanks Harlan! Congrats on your plane! Looks great!

Jerrytex
02-09-2022, 08:22 PM
I had an N number reserved and listed it box 1. I checked the N number look up site and it is assigned to me. I put it on all the forms that I sent to the FAA and I had no issues with it.

However, I have an early kit with no bill of sale. I sent the letter that kitfox has on their site along with all the PPWK to get the registration going and ran into some issues. The first examiner sent me a letter with a list of things he wanted added to "bill of sale" (which I did not have) I "complied" and sent it back in. I then I got a call from another examiner that said what the original examiner requested was wrong and she requested that I do what she stated in her letter which entailed crossing through some wording. Still waiting on that PPWK. Fingers crossed. I did find the FAA to be very helpful and felt like they wanted to help me get the PPWK right.

If you have the original bill of sale from kitfox, it would probably be easier get/find that missing transaction. If the the Serial # has ever been entered in to the FAA database, they might know more than you do on the history of the kit.

Thanks Harlan for the link to the AWC process. That definitely changed since the last time I got an AWC.

klamberth27
02-09-2022, 08:48 PM
I had an N number reserved and listed it box 1. I checked the N number look up site and it is assigned to me. I put it on all the forms that I sent to the FAA and I had no issues with it.

However, I have an early kit with no bill of sale. I sent the letter that kitfox has on their site along with all the PPWK to get the registration going and ran into some issues. The first examiner sent me a letter with a list of things he wanted added to "bill of sale" (which I did not have) I "complied" and sent it back in. I then I got a call from another examiner that said what the original examiner requested was wrong and she requested that I do what she stated in her letter which entailed crossing through some wording. Still waiting on that PPWK. Fingers crossed. I did find the FAA to be very helpful and felt like they wanted to help me get the PPWK right.

If you have the original bill of sale from kitfox, it would probably be easier get/find that missing transaction. If the the Serial # has ever been entered in to the FAA database, they might know more than you do on the history of the kit.

Thanks Harlan for the link to the AWC process. That definitely changed since the last time I got an AWC.

Thank you for the explanation. I can't use the Harlan link just yet. Have to get the registration done first per the article. So does everyone the kit passed through have to sign the bill of sale? That's def not going to happen. The original purchaser is out of New Orleans and his son said they don't have a mailbox, computer or cell phones. Just the landline and the father wouldn't get on the phone with me. The person I purchased it from no longer responds so its going to be difficult. I do have the original invoice and the bill of sale from the second seller so hopefully thats enough.

Iowa 67
02-10-2022, 04:59 PM
EAA sells a nice information packet that walks you thru the registration process. Tells you step by step what to do and not to do. I did this and sent my paperwork along with the letter Kitfox has on their site. Received the registration about ten days latter, no questions asked.

klamberth27
02-10-2022, 08:03 PM
EAA sells a nice information packet that walks you thru the registration process. Tells you step by step what to do and not to do. I did this and sent my paperwork along with the letter Kitfox has on their site. Received the registration about ten days latter, no questions asked.

Awesome! Thanks.

Robthend
02-11-2022, 08:55 PM
Iowa 67
was your kit finished when you registered it? I have N number reserved but not sure at what stage I can have N number permanently assigned to my plane. I’m about 1/2 done with build.

robert

Iowa 67
02-12-2022, 06:45 AM
Robert, I was nearing completion when I registered the airplane. Wanted it registered so I could have the DAR come as soon as I was done with the airplane.

Kitfox Pilot
02-12-2022, 07:04 AM
Iowa 67
was your kit finished when you registered it? I have N number reserved but not sure at what stage I can have N number permanently assigned to my plane. I’m about 1/2 done with build.

robert

The EAA manual says to register early because it may take some time to get it registered. Mine only took about 3 weeks, but to answer your question yes you can register your number anytime.

efwd
02-12-2022, 01:28 PM
Then your County Tax Assessor man will be notified and send you your bill. Maybe your fortunate and don't live in CA.

jrevens
02-13-2022, 12:01 AM
Then your County Tax Assessor man will be notified and send you your bill. Maybe your fortunate and don't live in CA.

That's the way it used to be in Colorado also, but no longer. When I was building my Thorp T-18 (over 40 years ago), I registered it before it was complete and quickly received a letter from the state taxman. I wrote back and stated that it was being built from individual parts that I made myself, for the most part, and it wasn't a kit, which was true. I never heard another word from them.

Jerrytex
03-15-2022, 07:43 AM
For those that have submitted the scanned docs on the AWC portal....for the weight and balance......do you send in just the airplane weight and balance? Or include examples of loading scenarios as well?

Is it just this screen?

Weight & Balance Series 5 & 6 Aircraft

Make;
Model;
S / N;
REG #

DATE

Kitfox
Series 5, 6
S9404-0019
N409TC

3/15/22

DATUM = Leading Edge of Wing Root

EMPTY WEIGHT CG

NO WING SWEEP

Item
Wt. (Lbs.)
Arm, (in.)
Moment

Max. Gross Wt.=1400 Lbs.**

Left Main, (- tare)

Max. Forward CG=11.37"

Right Main (- tare)

Max. Aft CG=16.00"

Tail Wheel (+ tare)

1 DEGREE FORWARD SWEEP

Nose Wheel (-tare)

TOTALS
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Max. Forward CG=9.96"

EMPTY WEIGHT CG, (in.) =

Max. Aft CG=14.75"

NO WING SWEEP

** NOTE: Gross weight is limited to 1,400 pounds if the aircraft is powered

Max. Gross Wt.=1550 Lbs.

with a Rotax 912 (80 hp) engine.

Max. Forward CG=11.37"

Max. Aft CG=16.00"

1 DEGREE FORWARD SWEEP

Max. Gross Wt.=1550 Lbs.

Max. Forward CG=9.96"

Max. Aft CG=14.75"

Kitfox Pilot
03-15-2022, 01:55 PM
Jerry my dar wanted max forward and aft. I think its up to the dar what each wants. I would submit all and you are covered.

klamberth27
03-16-2022, 11:57 AM
For those that have submitted the scanned docs on the AWC portal....for the weight and balance......do you send in just the airplane weight and balance? Or include examples of loading scenarios as well?

Is it just this screen?

Weight & Balance Series 5 & 6 Aircraft

Make;
Model;
S / N;
REG #

DATE

Kitfox
Series 5, 6
S9404-0019
N409TC

3/15/22

DATUM = Leading Edge of Wing Root

EMPTY WEIGHT CG

NO WING SWEEP

Item
Wt. (Lbs.)
Arm, (in.)
Moment

Left Main, (- tare)

Max. Forward CG=11.37"

Right Main (- tare)

Max. Aft CG=16.00"

Tail Wheel (+ tare)

1 DEGREE FORWARD SWEEP

Nose Wheel (-tare)

TOTALS
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Max. Forward CG=9.96"

EMPTY WEIGHT CG, (in.) =

Max. Aft CG=14.75"

NO WING SWEEP

** NOTE: Gross weight is limited to 1,400 pounds if the aircraft is powered

Max. Gross Wt.=1550 Lbs.

with a Rotax 912 (80 hp) engine.

Max. Forward CG=11.37"

Max. Aft CG=16.00"

1 DEGREE FORWARD SWEEP

Max. Gross Wt.=1550 Lbs.

Max. Forward CG=9.96"

Max. Aft CG=14.75"

Jerry, Did you get it registered finally!

Jerrytex
03-16-2022, 02:14 PM
I did get it registered. One FAA person told me to do one thing, another FAA person sent it back and told me to undo what the first one told me to do and send it back. I had my registration card 5 days later. Waiting on the DAR inspection now.

QUOTE=klamberth27;103859]Jerry, Did you get it registered finally![/QUOTE]

klamberth27
03-17-2022, 08:10 AM
I did get it registered. One FAA person told me to do one thing, another FAA person sent it back and told me to undo what the first one told me to do and send it back. I had my registration card 5 days later. Waiting on the DAR inspection now.

That's awesome! Congrats! Great news!

QUOTE=klamberth27;103859]Jerry, Did you get it registered finally!That's awesome! Congrats! Great news![/QUOTE]