PDA

View Full Version : Rotax parts?

akarmy
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey, I'm wondering where you guys get your Rotax parts from?

I've tried CPS, however it seems to be taking forever to get them from them. Is there a magic unknown source that's the best?

Thanks!

DesertFox4
01-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Andy, what parts in particular are you waiting on? I get my oil filters and spark plugs from John and Deb McBean. I also get 100LL fuel additive Decalin (sp) from them. Always in stock. Never waited more than 3 days for UPS to deliver to my door. Deb gets them out fast.:) They also have exhaust springs, regulator/rectifiers, ect for the Rotax. All the normal wear parts to keep you flying and they can get most everything else.
CPS notoriously slow but well stocked.

Dorsal
01-31-2010, 12:32 PM
For more specialty items I buy parts from Lockwood Aviation, had a leaky coolant pump, got the parts in a couple of days, good to go. My experience with them is that they are friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful.

akarmy
01-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Andy, what parts in particular are you waiting on?

More random stuff. Like the new mushroom piston part for fluxuating oil pressure, springs, fuel fittings, etc, just random very specific Rotax part numbers.

Guess I'll give it some time. Maybe try Lockwood next time.

DesertFox4
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
I have to say Lockwood Aviation too for engine parts. I've ordered there before and they do know their Rotax stuff. Ordered two Bing carb rebuild kits from Phil. Fast service.

Av8r3400
02-01-2010, 07:25 AM
LEAF (http://www.leadingedge-airfoils.com/) is also a Rotax Parts distributor, in the central US.