PDA

View Full Version : Series 5 refresh

andrewd
09-07-2021, 03:28 PM
First post here, idk why I haven't posted earlier but I guess it was down to getting into this project and keeping my head buried in it.

I picked this plane up at the beginning of the year, finally got it over to my hanger a few months back and started getting into it. Hoping to have it back up and flying in a month. Put some new lights on it, removed some unnecessary weight and cut a new panel. The panel is almost complete, just waiting on a few breakers. Also struggling with how to fix the rudder pedals. I think the builder didn't remove enough of the powder coat, so they're sticking. I've read some ideas on the forum so I've got somewhat of a plan for it but any insight would be appreciated. I'll keep posting now that I have this post started as I finish it up. Let me know what you think. I'll get into more of the components I chose as I post pics. I also did a horrible job documenting the steps so this mostly is what I've got so far.

Before:

After (or during really):
28731at least twice as bright
28733keeping a glove box on the right there, it'll be behind the iPad mount. Kept the Dynon and added a couple other components of theirs. Also leaving some empty slots for upgrades later.

-Andrew

Kitfox Pilot
09-07-2021, 07:31 PM
Welcome to posting at teamkitfox. Looks like you are making some nice improvements. Keep posting the updates cause we all enjoy watching people build/rebuild kitfoxes!

andrewd
09-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Thanks Harlan! I'm having a fun time doing it so I don't know why it took so long to share. I'll definitely update more regularly.

Redline
09-08-2021, 03:05 PM
Looks great. Nice job on the panel.

Is this the Kitfox that had the BRS parachute in it?

andrewd
09-08-2021, 03:28 PM
Thanks. I got it cut with a company called front panel express (https://www.frontpanelexpress.com). They've got software to lay it all out but it took me a couple of days just to figure it out. I do 3d modeling but this was more CAD than I was used to but very happy with the results.

As for the chute, yeah it is, or was, or its sitting in the corner of the hangar. Not really sure if it'll go back in.