PDA

View Full Version : Rotax Repair or Service Center

Caballo
01-27-2010, 10:59 AM
I am looking for a Rotax Repair and or Service Center located near my home (Hillsboro, New Mexico). The closest one I see is located in the Bahamas?

Las Cruces, New Mexico; El Paso, Texas or Tuscon, Arizona would be preferable, but cannot seem to find one near these cities? Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark
Mod.III (#1050) Kitfox-582 Rotax

mikedean
01-27-2010, 01:25 PM
there is a gentleman that posts here and seems to be very very informed
Rodger Lee
Tucson AZ
520-574-1080l

Agfoxflyer
01-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Mississippi is a lot closer to NM than the Bahamas. Try Ronnie Smith at South Mississippi Light Aircraft. I have bought Rotax parts and visited his shop. Good Guy. http://www.flysmla.com/ 601 947 4953

Lion8
01-28-2010, 08:49 AM
I would be very careful who I ship an engine to. Check them out carefully!
I sent my Rotax 503 to an 'athorized' mechanic in North Carolina. When I got my engine back, one carb was lying in the bottom of the box. The support bar I had attached to the top of the engine was bent in an 'S" shape. I later discovered that the mechanic put a carb manifold bolt into the engine that was to long and bottomed out causing the casting to pop out of the cylinder. I checked with the shipping company. No evidence of bad handling by them. When I called the mechanic, he denied everything.
Fix was on me. Get insurance and get reference from Rotax or the engine company head quarters.

Caballo
01-28-2010, 06:23 PM
I will attempt to contact Rodger and Ronnie next week by phone. And I appreciate the heads up on verifying the quality prior to committing to anything for sure.

I asked (e-mail) Ronnie if it was possible to update my 582LC ("C" gearbox) in one of the Rotax classes he puts on in Mississippi at his facility. That could really work out great for future repairs and maintenance in this remote location here in southwestern New Mexico. My wife is always looking for an excuse to go somewhere anyway.
Thanks again for the support.

Mark
Mod.III (#1050) Kitfox