PDA

View Full Version : Something NEW in the KITFOX " Skunk works "

Billy
08-02-2021, 08:42 PM
Watching an "air adventure" video with John , Brandon and Heather.... John made a subtle remark something is in the works at the Kitfox factory, Does anyone know what is being designed? billy

Av8r_Sed
08-02-2021, 08:59 PM
I saw that. Thought about it. If they had something almost ready, they probably would have announced at Airventure. I think we’ll have to wait a bit before hearing about anything new.

N213RV
08-07-2021, 10:46 AM
We could start some rumors….. like a 4 place KitFox? I’d love something like this so I could put it on floats and fill it with gear so my son and I could camp/fish out of it…..

rv9ralph
08-07-2021, 01:22 PM
Here's a thought.... Vans announced a high wing, back country model ... the RV-15

Maybe Kitfox will offer a new model with low wings and cruises at 160 mph!

Ya think!..... NOT.

Ralph

desertdave
08-07-2021, 02:11 PM
Fox-Copter
Lower and slower!

GuppyWN
08-10-2021, 07:34 PM
I'd buy a 4 place Kitfox in a heartbeat. If the Vans is a 4 place, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

jrthomas
08-11-2021, 05:23 AM
How about a tandem 2 place with either the standard or STI wing?

VictorV
08-24-2021, 03:26 PM
Could it be this?? https://www.kitplanes.com/kitfox-announces-new-model-with-stunning-new-rotax-engine/

avidflyer
08-24-2021, 04:42 PM
Check out the date of that article. That should shed some light on when it's coming on the market. :-) JimChuk

alexM
08-24-2021, 08:59 PM
I don't think the design of the Kitfox can transition to 4 place without a clean sheet of paper.

My wild guess is that we are about to see the Kitfox 8, with significant improvements in prefabrication. You know, less "art project" (to borrow a term from others) and easier build. My guess is based on the recent picture published which showed some CNC mills being unloaded at the factory.

Benbell4140
08-26-2021, 07:21 PM
I think it would be cool to see a stretched fuselage for CG reasons with a higher gross weight and more fuel capacity. We can dream right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flybyjim
08-26-2021, 07:38 PM
I do not think this is about a product at all.

AtlasEast
08-28-2021, 02:20 PM
I have to agree with Ben. I would also like to see a stretched fuselage, modernize the wing and tail structure (ditch the hysol, varnish, and wooden ribs), and go with all metal wings and empennage increase the fuel capacity and bump up the gross weight rating. It would certainly speed up the build times that are advantages with Zenith and Rans.

Everyone mentions that you don't need more fuel because of your bladder, but when you fly up north (Alaska too maybe??), there are plenty of airstrips to stop for a bathroom break, but a lot of them lack fuel. And if you can get fuel, you are buying it in 55 gallon drums and you own all the fuel in that drum. There are no refunds for fuel not used/taken. At 27 gallons onboard, that's a lot of fuel left behind. Even if you plan to only fly in the lower 48's, with the larger engine options coming online (Titan, Viking Accord engine, etc), an increase in fuel capacity would be a nice convenience.

...Elton

buckchop
08-29-2021, 10:04 AM
I do not think this is about a product at all.
Mayb its about retirement and new owner.