PDA

View Full Version : Northwest kitfox squadron

Slyfox
01-25-2010, 08:31 AM
I've been pondering this type of thing for quit a while. I would like to know if there are any kitfox's in the eastern Washington area that would like to start a group. If interested contact me.

SkyPirate
01-25-2010, 09:36 AM
If you help me move my house Steve ,..I'll join
got a trailer we can put a 10,000 square foot house on ? I can tow it with the wife's Focus ha ha

Slyfox
01-25-2010, 10:14 AM
I figured you would be the first to respond.

Slyfox
01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
If anybody has any doubt about the northwest flying, well, lets say I got in over 360hrs last year, nuff said.

SkyPirate
01-25-2010, 10:56 AM
GUILTY ha ha

seriously ,..that's a great idea,..kitfox squadrons would have the west coast covered north and south.
I know you spoke of different areas that you have flown to up there,..plenty of ground to explore.

Slyfox
01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I know it's a good idea, I just hope others in the area think so.

akarmy
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
So what are you think of in terms of building a group? Flyouts? local meetings? Shared projects? :)

I've always found it tough to keep those types of things going. Everyone seems so busy and you have to expand your distance range to get enough participation. In spite of all that it is an interesting idea!

Slyfox
01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
not sure, that's why I put it out here. Mainly flying fun. breakfast somewhere for meetings if you want to call them that. 5 guys would be great. 150mile radius, but beyond will be on the person that is that far away. I know, you are in seatle area, I'm on the east side. Again, doesn't matter, I do know Arizona is a LOOONG way away.

akarmy
01-25-2010, 03:19 PM
You are right, that it's a long ways down south to play with these guys!

Well, as the year shapes up I'll have to fly over your way and check things out. Maybe we can publicize a meet up in Eastern WA at one of the state strips like Sullivan Lake this summer!

Slyfox
01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
there are a bunch of areas up north here to have a bunch of fun.

futureflyer
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
just so you guys know, there's a group of elderly gents @ Medford international. They go by the name Fly By Night Aviation. I believe that they are all in their sixties plus. They have a hanger on the east side of the field owned by Mardel Day. The majority of them are kitfox builder among other experimental A/C.

desertfox1
01-25-2010, 08:00 PM
I formed the Desert Fox Squadron 9 years ago. The only meetings we
have is the annual Fly-in at the Fosters house. That said, 2 or 3 of us
fly together pretty much on a "where do you want to fly tomorrow" basis.
Some short flights and some to Oshkosh, Alaska and other long trips.
The best part is making friends, getting help when you need it, and just
hangar flying. Mardell was Dave Kings sidekick, and Dave joined the
DFS in the first year, flew all the way down several times. My advise
is to form the club, have an annual fly-in and let everything else happen.

Go Nw Fox Squadron!

Desert Fox One (Papa)

kitfox812
01-26-2010, 01:32 AM
I get a little over 200hrs a year in my s-7 based at Bonners Ferry. We fly in the Kootenai valley just north of Bonners Ferry and go to Porthill grass strip for coffee as much as we can get in. Also over to Sullivan lake (watch for the gopher holes now) and Ione for a great lunch and breakfast across from the airport. Cavanau bay has a great grass strip, camping, showers, food and drinks within a short walking distance. COE, St Maries and Kalispell are nice places to visit for lunch. Bonners also has eats within walking distance but I cant fly there. We never plan. It seems that people just join up when they see a good day. We met with the Sandpoint crowd over at Ione and ended up with 15 planes there for lunch last summer. Never get tired of the beauty in these mountains. Its a tough life but someone has to do it.

Rich

Slyfox
01-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the club kitfox 812. Desert fox1 your right on, thanks for the input.

RandyL
01-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Would you let a guy flying a Cub attend/participate? If so I'm located at YKM.

I'm new to Eastern Washington and would love to hook up to learn about flying spots over here.

Slyfox
01-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Randy, you are always welcome, after all you started this great site.

wannafly
01-26-2010, 10:17 PM
would like to be kept up on things...if there is enough notice maybe I could make it down. Do you have any idea what kind of hassle I would have if I towed my fox on the trailer across the board to your strip? Would I need a special permit to fly once I got there? :confused:

Slyfox
01-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Rich,

I tried to send you a personal, but I'm unable. If you could, send me an email rvslyfox@yahoo.com

Slyfox
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
I would get a hold of EAA and ask them what people do that fly into this country or in your case tow the airplane in on a trailer. I'm sure this happens all the time when people go to Osh or Arlington wa.