PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh (Nebraska) 2021

jrevens
06-19-2021, 05:34 PM
A group of 5 friends in 4 airplanes made a "bun-run" and re-visited Oshkosh, Nebraska last Thursday (6/17). We all took off from the Denver area on the nice, cool morning and shortly encountered 98 deg. F. at only about 6000' MSL (temperature inversion). For the entire round-trip it was 98 to 100 deg. in the air... cooler & pretty pleasant on the ground. We visited some friends from last year at the Kona Coffee Company, where they make the best macadamia nut buns. Quite a difference from our Oshkosh (NE) 2020 fly-in, when we had over 100 people attend. This time we were 2 Kitfoxes, a RANS S-19 and an RV7. Just gettin' warmed up for the real thing in July! I'm the old dude in the picture, squinting to see & take the "selfie".

Eric Page
06-19-2021, 08:35 PM
You did well to leave Denver early. I flew down from Portland, OR mid-afternoon and suffered an hour ground stop due to thunderstorms.

Definitely putting Oshkosh, NE on my to-do list. Those macadamia buns sound delicious.

DesertFox4
06-20-2021, 01:28 PM
John, small world.
I’ve know Mark and Mike at Kona Coffee for many years. Mark was one of my customers in Phoenix.
Been invited to stop in Oshkosh, on my way to or from AirVenture, to visit and tour the coffee factory. This may be the year I drop in there and try those macadamia nut buns and some great Hawaiian coffee.
When they learned I built and flew my own aircraft, I was told about how many times pilots have landed at Oshkosh, NE airport thinking they had arrived at the world famous fly-in and wondered where all the other planes were.
I can attest to the quality of their products at Kona Coffee.
If you want a little taste of the Hawaiian Islands, give em a try.😀
https://www.markferraricoffee.com/

efwd
06-20-2021, 07:26 PM
I wonder if those pilots became the crew for SWA Flight 4013? :rolleyes: I hope that's a Joke on the pilots part for those inquiries.

DesertFox4
06-20-2021, 08:29 PM
Nope. Serious as a ramp check Eddie. Not all pilots have great flight planning abilities or they figured there could only be one town in the world named Oshkosh.

jrevens
06-21-2021, 12:29 AM
Yup, it sure is a small world Steve. Great story, and yes…. they sure are a couple of nice guys, and the coffee is great!