PDA

View Full Version : Paint type to match Oratex silver

Kelpy
06-09-2021, 01:55 PM
What have you all found to match well with Oratex silver? I will be looking to paint the wingtips, wing struts, etc. Also what type of paint is recommended for aluminum, pvc, and fiberglass?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Shadowrider
06-09-2021, 03:04 PM
I found an almost identical match for the silver. I used single stage Polyurethane paint. Local automotive paint supply uses valspar. Do you have an automotive supply that can mix it up for you? I can give you the valspar code and they may be able to cross reference it.

efwd
06-09-2021, 03:51 PM
Poly Fibers Poly Tone paint is a great match. They say it isn't the best for metal but I used it and two years later, 325hrs and its hanging on. You just have to apply to a tachy coat of primer. Not shiny either but buff and polish, it will have a half gloss that looks fine next to Oratex. Didn't need all that fresh air respirator stuff either. I had one overspray event that called for me to spray over the original paint and I cant tell that I touched it up. Melts right into the original paint.

Kelpy
06-09-2021, 05:42 PM
Dustin, I do have an auto supply paint store. What is that valspar code? Thanks fellas.

Shadowrider
06-10-2021, 10:56 AM
Valspar
COLOR MAP (G6441)
SILVER MET.