PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Rotax 912iS EGT Probes?

Cherrybark
04-07-2021, 06:40 PM
The #4 cylinder EGT probe seem to be intermittent. I get a temp reading on the Garmin but a Lane light periodically turns on and Garmin says Cyl #4 EGT failure. Nothing obvious with the probe so I'm assuming a sharp bend in the factory wiring created the problem. Hopefully a new probe will solve the situation. I really don't need a Lane light turning on during the first flight.

I find Alcor probes readily enough but have found anything that looks compatible with the 912iS EGT harness plug. Any suggestions or sources?

neville
04-08-2021, 05:40 AM
I get them from California Power Systems, (west coast Rotax supplier). Have replaced 2 in 300 hrs on engine' I carry a spare on long cross-country flights. Not inexpensive.

Cherrybark
04-08-2021, 07:03 AM
Thanks Neville,

I've sent CPS an email asking for a part number. Do the probes come with wiring plugs that connect to the 912iS harness.

Cherrybark
04-08-2021, 07:54 AM
Halterman Aviation, operating out of North Texas Regional in Denison. John Alterman doesn't operate as a full time FBO, but gives instruction evenings and weekends. Debra and John McBean gave him hearty recommendations.

https://halt-av.com/

efwd
04-08-2021, 09:01 AM
Carl, I sent you a text. The part includes the lead to connect with.

Cherrybark
04-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Thanks Eddie. They certainly are proud of these EGT probes.