PDA

View Full Version : radiator shutters

avidflyer
03-09-2021, 03:50 PM
Hi all, I bought a Kitfox radiator from a guy and he said there was a shutter there as well, and he would throw it in. I got them today. Both never used. Here are pictures of the shutters. Does anyone recognize who made them, has a picture of them put together or better yet, assembly instructions of the shutters. I've done some searching on this site, and didn't find any. Thanks, JImChuk

jrevens
03-10-2021, 12:46 AM
Is that one of the ones from Highwing (Lowell)?

WWhunter
03-10-2021, 06:34 AM
I agree! That looks exactly like the shutter kit I received from Highwing. It was for my oil cooler. Very nicely made. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to install it due to my oil cooler located to closely to the cowl. I would have to move the oil cooler back (which I might do) or have to modify my cowl.

avidflyer
03-10-2021, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys, Keith, do you have a picture of it put together or some assembly instructions on how to assemble it? Thanks, JImChuk

WWhunter
03-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Jim,
I may have both. Let me check, might be a day or two as I have it buried in the back of my hangar. Fairly easy to assemble, line everything up, and then the vanes need to be epoxied. I will get a picture and text it to you.