PDA

View Full Version : Brake hose compatability

109JB
03-05-2021, 07:31 AM
Working on plumbing my brakes which will use nylaflow for 99.9%, but to connect to my remote reservoir I need to use a 1 inch long hose. I'll be using mil-h-8606 fluid and am thinking a piece of tygon fuel hose will fit the bill. Some information I found indicates an A rating for resistance to mineral based oil, do I think it would be fine but wondered if anyone else has experience in this regard.

Thanks

Maverick
03-09-2021, 09:23 AM
I'm not familiar with the IV but why wouldn't you go all the way to the reservoir with the nyloflow?

PapuaPilot
03-09-2021, 09:55 AM
Working on plumbing my brakes which will use nylaflow for 99.9%, but to connect to my remote reservoir I need to use a 1 inch long hose. I'll be using mil-h-8606 fluid and am thinking a piece of tygon fuel hose will fit the bill. Some information I found indicates an A rating for resistance to mineral based oil, do I think it would be fine but wondered if anyone else has experience in this regard.

Thanks

Did you mean MIL-H-5606?

I would second Maverick's question. If possible go with Nylaflow all the way. If you add a couple unions to change it to Tygon you are adding 4 more places for potential leaks. Using the KISS method is usually the best.

Tygon would probably work with the fluid, but it does quickly go from flexible to stiff. I am using it for the fuel return line from the header tank to the fuel tank and it has gotten very stiff.

109JB
03-09-2021, 10:23 AM
It has nothing to do with being a IV or a 5 or 7. The reservoir I am using has a hose barb so using nylaflow to the reservoir isn't possible. I just need 1 inch of hose to connect the reservoir to the nylaflow. And yes i meant mil-h-5606. Just a typo.