PDA

View Full Version : Non ethanol auto gas to Avgas

farmboy
01-17-2010, 08:27 AM
I know this has been discussed before but I have a IV 1200 with 582 blue head that is burning non ethanol automotive gas,but it can not be bought anymore in my area. I want to burn avgas, is this reality or asking for trouble as far as burning too hot. What about cht, rejetting, and a possible meltdown. Thankyou for the advice.

Hallgrimur
01-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I have used the Avgas 100LL a lot on my 582 blue with no problem. However, I am very accurate on the blend > 1:50. In fact I have the feeling that the engine runs better (better burning) when using the Avgas 100LL. Autogas in Iceland is 90 oct lead free. I often use that to, you can not get the Avgas everywhere. This is my experience over many years with the 582 Blue head...!
regds
Hallgrimur

I know this has been discussed before but I have a IV 1200 with 582 blue head that is burning non ethanol automotive gas,but it can not be bought anymore in my area. I want to burn avgas, is this reality or asking for trouble as far as burning too hot. What about cht, rejetting, and a possible meltdown. Thankyou for the advice.