PDA

View Full Version : camloc orientation

Jerrytex
02-02-2021, 11:51 AM
Installing the 3 calmloc receptacles in the aft part of the baggage area that the turtle deck connects to. Would like to orient the wings on the camloc connectors with the slipstream. Anyone know of receptacles or calmloc connectors that would orient 90 degrees? All the calmloc receptacles and connectors I have, all orient the same way. (wings in line with he rivet holes)

GuppyWN
02-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Can't you pull the clip off the barrel and adjust it 1/4 turn?

jrevens
02-02-2021, 12:58 PM
Can't you pull the clip off the barrel and adjust it 1/4 turn?

Nope... the wings will always align with the rivet holes. That's one of the reasons I used some stainless steel folding wing studs for those 3.

Dave S
02-02-2021, 02:31 PM
Jerrytex,

Just a comment for long term planning - may or may not be useful. I originally used the non-folding winged pegs which came with the kit; however, when I later bought a cabin cover for overnight camping, realized that the best solution was to use the phillips head pegs like what is used on the cowl - they are the least obtrusive and just as easy to use as anything else since a phillips head screwdriver is going to be in the cabin anyway on the end of the fuel sampler.

Admittedly the things are not cheap, but certainly cheaper than wearing or tearing holes in the cabin cover.

Actually, the only useful place for the winged ones, in my opinion, is the oil door on the cowl.

avidflyer
02-02-2021, 04:02 PM
Hey Dave, Mn. minds must think alike. I almost typed the same thing about the phillips head camlocks as you this morning. JImChuk

109JB
02-02-2021, 04:29 PM
Wing type are nice if you fly a 2 stroke. I had my cowl of every flight.

jrevens
02-02-2021, 06:04 PM
The winged type are also very nice if you have a split/hinged turtle deck cover. Also, IMHO, they don't pose any issue with wear/tear or otherwise as far as my factory Kitfox cover is concerned. I've used it a bunch... as long as 8 or 9 days at a time, through extremely windy conditions, on & off, at OSH for instance.

Jerrytex
02-02-2021, 06:24 PM
Thanks everyone. I had the Phillips head ones on my KF4. Not a big deal to grab a Screwdriver. My kit came with winged ones so trying to make sure I do it right and save some $$$$. I guess the 3 aft ones will just be sideways to the wind.