PDA

View Full Version : Baggage floor

Kitfox Pilot
01-23-2021, 08:11 AM
Has anyone put a non slip type of floor paint or covering on the baggage floor to help secure things when fastened down in the baggage compartment? If so what did you use. I am ready to paint my floor and was wondering about options that have been used. Thanks for any info.

PapuaPilot
01-23-2021, 09:09 AM
No, I just painted the floor. I would be more concerned to have a net or tie down points than an anti slip floor. I put eyelets for each of 4 bolts that hold the floor down to be used to hold my net or cargo straps.

efwd
01-23-2021, 09:37 AM
I sprayed mine with a can of truck bed liner. Turned out very nice IMO.

Shadowrider
01-23-2021, 09:39 AM
I did the same as eddie. Works good. My Brother used a light weight felt fabric and it works better for keeping things from sliding around.

Kitfox Pilot
01-23-2021, 09:42 AM
No, I just painted the floor. I would be more concerned to have a net or tie down points than an anti slip floor. I put eyelets for each of 4 bolts that hold the floor down to be used to hold my net or cargo straps.

I do have tie down loops at each bolt/screw.

I had considered the truck bed spray that Eddie and Dustin used. Hadn't thought about a fabric??

jrevens
01-23-2021, 10:26 AM
Black bed liner & 6 tie down rings.

Shadowrider
01-23-2021, 11:24 AM
When I have cargo its usually full so I don't need a net. I find when I have day survival bag or my flight bag it doesn't need to be tied down but it slides around, mostly when boost hits :)

jiott
01-23-2021, 12:11 PM
I also used a light suede type fabric glued down with the same stuff used for glare shield and seat pan. Also have tie down points.

Kitfox Pilot
01-23-2021, 12:35 PM
When I have cargo its usually full so I don't need a net. I find when I have day survival bag or my flight bag it doesn't need to be tied down but it slides around, mostly when boost hits :)

Can't wait to feel the boost!

Kitfox Pilot
01-23-2021, 12:37 PM
I also used a light suede type fabric glued down with the same stuff used for glare shield and seat pan. Also have tie down points.

I am going to check on some fabric and see what around. Thanks

Agfoxflyer
01-25-2021, 07:18 AM
I used four plain drawer pulls (one in each corner) for tie down. Thru bolted them instead of screws.

Kitfox Pilot
01-25-2021, 07:36 AM
I used four plain drawer pulls (one in each corner) for tie down. Thru bolted them instead of screws.

That sounds like a good plan. Thanks