PDA

View Full Version : Require advise on removing N number

Medhat
01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
I must remove the N number from the rudder and vertical fin on my KITFOX II. Can anyone tell me what I can use or how to remove these letters without doing damage to the fabric. Thank you to all who answer.
Larry E.

DesertFox4
01-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Larry, I'm assuming from your post that you do not have painted on N-numbers but "decals". If wrong let us know. May influence the kind of responses you get. Thanks and good luck.

Lion8
01-15-2010, 06:16 PM
I have the same issue. I have vinyl tape on the tail. The least I want to do is get rid of the Dumb A** name on the tail. I was considering repainting my plane. Can the existing paint be stripped off? How much weight will be added if I just paint over what is there? Is recovering my only hope?Thanks - Lion8. (Tom)

Medhat
01-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Steve: The N number is a Decal. Thank you.
Larry E

Av8r3400
01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
I pulled the offending sticker off as best I could by hand with a little heat from a hair dryer (**not a heat gun!**) then used rubbing alcohol and finally gasoline as solvents for the sticky goo.

Very little paint came off with the gas. None with the alcohol (but it didn't touch the stick goo, either...).

Dorsal
01-16-2010, 05:05 AM
I have used a product called goo-gone on polytone and it worked well.

Slyfox
01-16-2010, 02:12 PM
I say use heat and your fingernail or a popsicle stick should come off, unless it's been on a long time. Don't use one of those heat guns that put out 1200watts or more. Use a hear dryer or a heat gun for doing monocote on an rc airplane works for me. Maybe an iron on low setting might work, just don't get it too hot, might ruin your covering.