PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I’m Steve in Arizona

FoxSTOL
11-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Hi, I’m Steve, I live in Carefree, Arizona, and I like long walks on the beach. Oh, uh, wrong forum ;)

Hey Kitfox folks, I’m new to the Kitfox scene and I’m looking for other local Phoenix people who are building a Kitfox, so I can check out the build and decide if I want to build one myself. I tried using the member map here on the forum to see who’s local for me, but I didn’t have much luck getting it to work. Any Phoenicians here on the forum?

Clark in AZ
11-26-2020, 05:36 PM
Hey Steve, yes there are many folks near you that are building or have completed Kitfoxes. I am building a Just Aircraft SuperSTOL in Cave Creek. I'm sure you'll hear from several guys real soon...

Clark

FoxSTOL
11-26-2020, 06:03 PM
Hey Steve, yes there are many folks near you that are building or have completed Kitfoxes. I am building a Just Aircraft SuperSTOL in Cave Creek. I'm sure you'll hear from several guys real soon...

Clark

Clark - I’ve narrowed my choice down to a Series 7 STi or a SuperSTOL. Great to hear there’s a SuperSTOL coming together close by. I really like that design. Let me know if you ever need a hand. I’ve got RV build experience but I’m not an expert by any means.

Steve

Clark in AZ
11-26-2020, 06:17 PM
Steve, anytime you want to come take a look you're welcome. I'm covering the wings now, have the fuselage covered. I'm doing Oratex so you can check that out as well. I'll be working on it Fri through Sun if that works for you, otherwise let me know what does. PM me and we'll set something up.

Clark

DesertFox4
11-26-2020, 06:58 PM
Welcome Steve. Lots of Kitfox in The Valley of the Sun. I have two in my hangar at Deer Valley airport. Another 7 Super Sport being built across from my hangar. Probably 8 or so at KDVT. Several in Chandler. At least two at Glendale and one of those just had his first flight a few weeks back. Private message me your phone number and we’ll see if we can get together soon.

P.S. The builders/owners map has pretty much been abandoned. It was maintained by one of our members.

captainphx
11-28-2020, 07:48 AM
Hi Steve,

I live in Cave Creek. I am building an STi. You are welcome to come by anytime. Welcome to the group! PM me!

Maverick
12-01-2020, 04:16 PM
I'm based at Glendale. Just finished my build and am flying phase 1 off now. Steve has my number so if you get with him, he might arrange some kind of get together. You guys would have to come to Glendale though since my box is from Glendale to Buckeye to Gila Bend to Casa Grand so, I wouldn't be able to meet up at KDVT yet. I likely wouldn't want to anyway as busy as that place is these days. :o)
Fred

cfo
12-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Hi Steve:

I have completed my S7 with the iS engine at CHD.

You are welcome to come visit.

Cecil
602-912-9353