PDA

View Full Version : New Kitfox video

DesertFox4
01-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Kitfox Aircraft has a new video on their home page. Take a look. Some great shots (I'm in some of them) of the Homedale,Id. Kitfox playground.
http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/

SkyPirate
01-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Just watched the video ,,that is an awesome presentation to the capabilities of the kitfox aircraft,..and the great group of flyers that fly them,..well done John,.. Steve and all involved,..I don't recognize anyone else without their forum ID's ,..but hat's off to you.
makes me want to scrap my present endevour and get back on the track for a model 4 kitfox

wannafly
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
great video...could not get sound for some reason...

DesertFox4
01-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Mic, might be a setting on your computer. Just tried the video again and the sound was working. Those Rotax really sound nice when they go by. :cool:
http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/

wannafly
01-10-2010, 10:46 PM
got it working...thanks....makes me very proud to be a Kitfox owner and flyer

DesertFox4
01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm enclosing a link to Forrest Fox Productions. Forrest shot and produced the great video for John and Debra. He is working on a larger project that may interest many of you. Here is a link to his site.

Sign his guest book and let him know you enjoyed the video. Like all of you , Forrest has a real passion for aviation especially the experimental aircraft community.
He has many other video projects displayed here. Some nice Van's RV shots included. Enjoy.
http://www.vimeo.com/user1630298/videos (http://vimeo.com/8620980)

Pilot4Life
01-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Forrest Fox productions did a great job with the kitfox video, as well as others. Definately worth the time to watch!

Tried to post a log in his guestbook, but the system kept stating that I had an invalid URL. Not sure how to remedy that? Any thoughts?

So, spend a minute watching the videos! It'll make you want to go turn some fuel into fun!

DesertFox4
01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Chris, first thanks for giving it a shot. I'm not sure but there is a box on Forrest's guest book page to put in a link to your website,if you have one. That box comes pre-loaded with http://
Maybe delete that and try again. Just a guess. Let us know if that works as others may run into the same problem. Obviously I had a website to type in there so it may not have given me that error message.

Thanks to the guys that have signed Forrest's guest book. It's great to see the Kitfox family supporting people who support us. I'm sure he will notice the traffic soon.

SkySteve
01-12-2010, 07:47 AM
I finally got a chance to view the new Kitfox video. It's great, especially around 2:40!

DesertFox4
01-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I had the same thought Steve. She looks great.

Hope you're thawing out there Steve and can get some 85DDing in.

SkySteve
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
I have tried to copy and/or download the new video with no success. On Vimeo it is listed as "Private" and there is no access to it. Anyone know how to get a copy to put on your own computer or iphone?

Hallgrimur
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
What a fantasic video. Con. grat. John, Debra and the guy who made it.. Yes, I am proud to fly the Kitfox.
hallgrimur

MNForrest
01-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Steve - Everybody,

Glad you like the video. It was a ton of fun to produce.

At least for the time being, you won't be able to download the source files. Because a lot of the footage (for all of the videos on there) will someday (hopefully) find a home on the Discovery Channel or another high-quality cable outlet, I have to be careful on just how far the footage goes on the internet. If it gets too visible, the networks will have far less interest in it.

To watch it on your iPhone, just surf to vimeo.com on your iPhone or Blackberry, or whatever. The mobile version plays great. Here's a link:

http://www.vimeo.com/m/#/8620980

Looks like we will try and shoot some more back country flying this coming spring or summer. Stay tuned.

Forrest

DesertFox4
01-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Forrest, Thanks so much for the great video. You really captured the spirit of the Kitfox community and the experimental aircraft movement. It was a blast being involved in some of the shooting of the scenes shown in this video and knowing how much other footage was shot, I'm excited to see all of it some day on The Discovery Channel or DVD. I know the response to this video from our members has already been extremely positive. Wait until they see the rest of your FlyEx Project.
Keep us posted on any showings of your work and when a DVD might be available. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.
Best of luck in 2010 Forrest and stop by anytime. We're happy to have you on TeamKitfox.com.

MNForrest
01-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks Steve!

Forrest

mflander
01-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Definitely a great video!

DesertFox4
01-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Rained out at work today. Catching up on computer and bookkeeping chores.
Watched the new Kitfox Video twice. As close to flying as I'll get for a few days. My brother and his wife are flying in commercial this evening from Minnesota. Sure , it only rains twice a year here. Half our annual rainfall is expected in this one storm. Feels like Fall in Minnesota. If it snows I'm moving to Costa Rica. Sunday and Monday look pretty good again. Maybe some Kitfoxing then.
I think I'll watch the video again. Thanks Forrest and John.

Paul Z
01-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Steve

If you move to Costa Rica, let me know I might go down with you!

Paul Z

desertfox1
01-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey Doc,

I'm up for Sunday and Monday. Let's meet

Papa

desertfox1
01-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Oh by the way. You should thank me for that video too!
That's you flying my plane with me in the right seat hangin on!

Papa
SS 78KA

DesertFox4
01-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks Papa. Always a joy to fly that Super Sport. Monday's OK I think if Sunday doesn't work. You up for a flight to Indian Hills? My brother will be out there first part of the week.

Paul, we have tornado watch for here right now. Thought I left those back in Minnesota.