PDA

View Full Version : Introduction- Hailing from Portland, OR

DMMeix
10-27-2020, 04:53 PM
Good afternoon, all! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm currently living outside Portland, OR and going to grad school- working on my MS in Electrical Engineering with a focus on electronic navigation and autonomous vehicles. I'm not a pilot, but getting my license will be a reward to myself once I graduate in two years. I'm currently working in the medical device industry, and before that I was a surface warfare officer in the Navy for 6 years.

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and researching all things Kitfox for several months now. My wife gets bored to death by it, but I've been paying close attention to all the 'Project Kitfox' videos. I'm pretty set on the SS7 STI, Rotax 915iS, and G3X. Lots of other details to work out, but I have time. Right now I'm just researching, figuring out what I want out of the plan, and what I'll need in my shop.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and eventually (hopefully) meeting some of you in person to talk all things Kitfox!

Dave

DesertFox4
10-27-2020, 06:12 PM
Welcome aboard Dave. Great place to meet good folks who love this little airplane. Sounds like you have picked some nice options.

jiott
10-27-2020, 07:28 PM
Dave, I live and fly in the Portland area, Happy Valley home-Country Squire airport hangar, and am willing to talk.

DMMeix
10-27-2020, 08:16 PM
Welcome aboard Dave. Great place to meet good folks who love this little airplane. Sounds like you have picked some nice options.

It's mostly a wish-list at this point. I'm here to learn as much as I can before pulling the trigger, and it's likely things will change before that time!

DMMeix
10-27-2020, 08:21 PM
Dave, I live and fly in the Portland area, Happy Valley home-Country Squire airport hangar, and am willing to talk.

I've seen your name around the forums a lot, Jim. I was sheepishly hoping you'd see my intro and reach out. I'd love to meet and see your plane sometime. I'm on the other side of town- just a few minutes from the Hillsboro airport, but we used to get to Happy Valley on a regular basis. It's an easy drive.

bbs428
10-28-2020, 03:07 PM
Welcome. Your in the right place!

VictorV
10-28-2020, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Dave! I'm fairly new to the Kitfox family and have been researching different options for engine etc.
so I might be able to tell you a bit about what I have learned. I'm very close to ordering mine and, last I heard, newly-ordered
kits are not shipping until March 2022.

I have found this forum to be a great resource and I'm sure you will too.

Good luck with your Kitfox adventure!

Victor

Meyer
10-28-2020, 07:18 PM
Welcome and good luck!!! Alot of good build threads on here.