PDA

View Full Version : Finally the Kit is Near

iflywhatevr
09-29-2020, 08:43 PM
Ordered a Series 7 STI at Oshkosh in 2019 finally should be arriving in about two weeks. Could have moved it up (sounds like there was a cancellation) a couple weeks early but had to decline as I’m building a 40x65 barn which will also function as my build area. Own a P-Baron and fly King Air 200’s for Part 91 Corporate but this is my first venture into homebuilts and I’m excited. When it’s finished we have enough grass to be able to get in and out of our back yard with a couple thousand feet of grass available. Looking forward to this adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Meyer
09-30-2020, 08:41 AM
Good luck!!

DesertFox4
09-30-2020, 08:48 AM
Congrats David and welcome to TeamKitfox.com.
Hope to see photos of that new shop, some of the build process and flights off that sweet grass strip when your STi is airworthy.
Sounds like the perfect home for a Kitfox. Enjoy your build.👍

Cherrybark
09-30-2020, 04:15 PM
Definitely post photos of your progress. It's fun watching other projects being built. Congratulations and enjoy yourself.

Shadowrider
10-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Nice welcome to the club! I fly corporate also, but love landing places you didn’t even think about before. Opens up a whole new world. Of course it’s really hard to go some places with only one engine.

Mark123
10-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Welcome aboard! This is a great community with many knowledgeable people. It looks like our kits could be riding shotgun together as they head east. My STi kit will be ready to ship out at about the same time as yours. I’m located in southern Maine, so not too far away from you. Glad there will be someone building nearby. Getting excited!

iflywhatevr
10-02-2020, 05:05 PM
They probably are the lady at the factory said there were trying to coordinate some deliveries my way. I wonder how many they can fit in that truck?

iflywhatevr
10-06-2020, 04:37 PM
Welcome aboard! This is a great community with many knowledgeable people. It looks like our kits could be riding shotgun together as they head east. My STi kit will be ready to ship out at about the same time as yours. I’m located in southern Maine, so not too far away from you. Glad there will be someone building nearby. Getting excited!

My kit is scheduled to be picked up at the factory October 14th and she said one other kit from them is going out at the same time and “who knows how many RVs on the same truck”. I asked them to take a couple pics when loading which they agreed to do so hopefully they remember.

Kitfox Pilot
10-06-2020, 05:12 PM
They probably are the lady at the factory said there were trying to coordinate some deliveries my way. I wonder how many they can fit in that truck?

They had 3 on the truck when I got mine but there was room for a few more...

Welcome to the kitfox family!

Delta Whisky
10-06-2020, 06:06 PM
Harlan - my FF5 delivery truck driver reported a typical load was 12 Cobras.

Kitfox Pilot
10-07-2020, 05:27 AM
That would be a high dollar load! It was a neat truck, with full length hoist that rolled from front to 8ft out the back. I've only seen pics of the Cobras but they look faster than a Kitfox. lol

iflywhatevr
10-21-2020, 06:43 PM
The tires beat the kit by one day. These came by Fedex today kit is coming from Stewart Transport tomorrow around 11. Of course I will by on an overnight so have to suffer and wait to see my kit until Friday. Needless to say no fuel burn considerations on that go-home flight!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201022/b73fcec3258d41e0d702e4ea4bd8310d.jpg

Eric Page
10-21-2020, 07:59 PM
Needless to say no full burn considerations on that go home flight!
Heck no -- best-morale speed all the way! I read on the internet that the 'rona can only go 0.8 mach, so anything faster than that protects everyone onboard. Do it for safety!

iflywhatevr
10-21-2020, 08:00 PM
Heck no -- best-morale speed all the way! I read on the internet that the 'rona can only go 0.8 mach, so anything faster than that protects everyone onboard. Do it for safety!

This is what I’m talking about! Lol my kinda thinking. All in the name of safety!