PDA

View Full Version : Landing gear failure

Flyin Farmer
08-12-2020, 05:38 PM
Model 3 kitfox left main gear broke just behind axel would like to upgrade to heavier gear what would you recommend? Have old style bungee gear what would work on a model 3 ? thanks

DesertFox4
08-14-2020, 08:42 AM
Greg. Many years ago when I had my model 3, I installed a grove gear.
Really improved ground handling.

buckchop
08-14-2020, 08:58 AM
I would either install another set of stock style gear, which i have a set i just removed this winter i would sell,
it is also the longer gear they offered back when new, think 22” long from fuse mount to axel, i installed Randy Moore’s spring gear. Grove gear is good but i hear its pretty heavy compaired to the stock or after market spring gear

Flyin Farmer
08-14-2020, 03:02 PM
Greg. Many years ago when I had my model 3, I installed a grove gear.
Really improved ground handling.

DF thanks for the reply I have looked at the Grove gear pretty pricey for my taste however as they say you get what you pay for I need to call them to see if I can get the caliper plate to match up the ones on there site did not.

Flyin Farmer
08-14-2020, 03:19 PM
I would either install another set of stock style gear, which i have a set i just removed this winter i would sell,
it is also the longer gear they offered back when new, think 22” long from fuse mount to axel, i installed Randy Moore’s spring gear. Grove gear is good but i hear its pretty heavy compaired to the stock or after market spring gear

Thanks for the reply may well be interested would you be willing to send me some pics I will have to measure mine as well and let me know what you would want for them Thanks

buckchop
08-16-2020, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the reply may well be interested would you be willing to send me some pics I will have to measure mine as well and let me know what you would want for them Thanks
Yea i can try and show some pic. I have them now but i seem to have a heck of a time posting pic, as far a price on them make me a reasonable offer on them and u pay shipping. I measured them and from top of axel to mount hole for front gear leg was 22.5”.

wow i figured it out!!!!!!