PDA

View Full Version : prop change

cposer
04-28-2020, 05:26 PM
I am thinking about getting an Air Master prop. I currently have a warp drive with the standard spinner. Does anyone know how much modification will be required on the cowling if I change to the Air Master?

GuppyWN
04-28-2020, 06:24 PM
Zero. Measure from crank flange to where it penetrates the cowl so you order the correct spacer.

Also, understand that changing from fixed pitch prop to an inflight adjustable forever takes the airplane out of LSA potential.

Also, it's considered a major modification so you should put the airplane back into Phase I for a bit.

I switched from an IVO to Airmaster. I love the Airmaster. Love love love it!

efwd
04-28-2020, 06:40 PM
Im watching for this.
Aero-TV: Aerovate Innovates - A Passive Variable Pitch Prop

sorry, thought it was a link. You can paste that in the YouTube search

cposer
04-29-2020, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the spacer and phase I. I'm out of LSA anyway with 1550 GW.

Kitfox Pilot
04-29-2020, 11:00 AM
I switched from an IVO to Airmaster. I love the Airmaster. Love love love it![/QUOTE]

Just wondering, do you run your airmaster in auto or do you change the dial for each climb to cruse changes?
I didn't know if auto position made all changes for you or is auto something else.

GuppyWN
04-29-2020, 10:29 PM
Auto allows it to go to the preselected takeoff/climb/cruise. Manual allows you to adjust via the toggle if you want something other then the preselects.