PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox Speedster!

Hallgrimur
12-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi all of you,

I am wondering about the shortfield performance of the Speedster.. The shorter wing etc. How it effects the shortfield landings and T/o´s.

You ,I have this dream of perhabs having the IV Speedster one day, but I enjoy landings out in the nature, sometimes with not to long landing strip. The stall speed, is it much higher? Thanks.

Kind regards
Hallgrimur TF-124

SkyPirate
12-27-2009, 05:34 PM
That is the advantage of flaperons ,..the speedster will still land short and take off short when applying a little flaperon,..it just takes practice

Chase

Hallgrimur
12-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks alot for your reply!
> So the Speedster looses very little of the stol capabillity the older models have.. Are there any difference in movement of the flaperons then?? (I use the flapperon always for shortfield land):p

Kind regds
hallgrimur

Slyfox
12-28-2009, 08:13 AM
I never measured where the vasi lights are on our runway, but I can land stop and do a 180 taxiback at the vasi lights, that's with calm winds and no flaps, 3 point of course. My stall is right at 37mph clean. I do have VG's.

Hallgrimur
12-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks you guys,
The 37 mph tells it all. I will be looking for a IV Speedster (possibly) in the early spring of 2010.. If such a plane would be somwhere in the mid-west or further away from the east cost I would probably fly it to Boston or even Halifax to be shipped to Iceland.. Lets see what happens, but again Chase & Steve thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Happy new year to you and your families!

Kind regards
Hallgrimur TF-124