PDA

View Full Version : Marine Sta-Bil fuel additive

catz631
12-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Well it has finally happened. The last gas station in my town has switched to alcohol fuel. I am going to try and find a marina to buy non alcohol fuel but it might be too far away. In the meantime I have purchased a bottle of green Sta-Bil which is specified for fuel containing alcohol. The bottle says it will prevent water seperation,corrosion,etc. Has anyone used it with good results ? I have decided to continue with auto fuel but am somewhat concerned about the effect on my tanks and hoses. Will this stuff prevent possible deterioration ?
Thanks,
Dick

Slyfox
12-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I put pink stabil in my kitfox a few weeks ago, maybe I should look into the blue. I have a 3/8 hose about 5ft long that I stick in my tanks to drain them. I also put a 1/4 slot at the end so I can stick my air blower in there to start the sifening action, saves me from getting fuel in the mouth. Works great, that way I can keep fresh fuel in the tanks.

SkyPirate
12-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Steve ,..that same hose set up with the hole in it a couple inches from the user end can be used for a vacuum cleaner in tight areas ,..I use that system all the time prior to painting anything that has tight areas you can't get a regular vacuum tip into..

another trick for those that use oxy/acetolyne torches ,..if you have a tip that keeps popping,..get the tip hot ..have a bucket of water ready ,..stick the whole tip head in the water and hit the oxygen lever at the same time ,..it will clean all the crap out of the tip ,

another trick,..if your going to braze anything ..take a lead pencil and draw a line next to where your brazing ,..the braze won't cross the line making
for a very nice looking braze job,..

ha ha sorry couldn't help myself ,..any trick that makes doing a project easier is a good thing

Chase