PDA

View Full Version : Rudder issue

nosubt2
01-23-2020, 03:59 PM
Yesterday’s fight was perfect. Today, I felt the plane not feeling right. Looked down at rudder pedals and the left was 2-3 inches ahead of the right. On the ground, I centered the pedals and the rudder was displaced to the right.
checked cables, all attached and were in the only pulley on each side, attached at the rudder
checked pedals, none bent or cracked and gussets were there and no cracks. Springs were attached and were the same length when pedals centered.
if I clamp the pedals so to be parallel and push the rudder to center the right cable is taunt and the left very loose. How did this happen.
Another condition on the same flight, had to apply forward pressure on stick to keep it from climbing. Before with electric trim I could fly hands off.
what is going on with this plane?....
Mark

desertdave
01-23-2020, 04:21 PM
Did the lead cable crimp come loose?

avidflyer
01-23-2020, 06:09 PM
What model Kitfox is it? JImChuk

nosubt2
01-23-2020, 06:19 PM
What model Kitfox is it? JImChuk
It is a lV 1200 and I necked the cable ends

HighWing
01-23-2020, 06:41 PM
I guess with both elevator and rudder issues I would begin to focus on the aft portion of the airframe. Any wrinkles anywhere in the fabric? Are the cable guides welded to the airframe still attached? is the bellcrank attached between the elevator push tubes still in good condition?