PDA

View Full Version : What is this kitfox model ???

airmanczech
01-17-2020, 01:59 AM
Greetings from the Czech Republic. Please give your opinion, what model series Kitfox is most similar to this aircraft? A friend is considering him. Thanks a lot for your ideas.

avidflyer
01-17-2020, 08:05 AM
The shape of the door tells me it is either an Avid Flyer A model, or a Kitfox 1. If you had posted a picture of the mixer controls for the flaperons, I could have narrowed it down further. Kitfoxes have 8" wheels, Avids used 6" wheels. That could have been changed by a builder also, I have 8" Kitfox wheels on my Avid, cause I wanted to use the larger Nanco tires, but it came originally with the 6" wheels. Both Avid and Kitfox models fuselages I mentioned are 36" wide across the top back of the seat. Later models were 39 1/2". Also, Kitfox lift strut for model 1 and 2 were 98" from hole to hole on front lift strut. Later Kitfoxes are about 10" longer if my memory is correct. JImChuk

airmanczech
01-20-2020, 03:38 AM
Hello. Thanks a lot for the information. It was reportedly built in the Czech company Aero Kunovice. But I don't think the original plans from Kitfox / Avid have been used. The seller in this matter probably also unclear. I asked him for more photos. Maybe they will help determine the type. There is not much of the original Kitfox in the Czech Republic.
Paul.