PDA

View Full Version : Fox cleaning

nivland22
11-26-2019, 03:48 PM
Hey what you guys using for cleaning the plane after flying?
Same as windshield?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Av8r3400
11-26-2019, 05:21 PM
I keep a bucket of water with car wash soap in it in the hangar with a sponge and a couple of microfiber cloths. After flying I wash down the buggy spots with the soapy water and dry them with the microfiber.

I use Lemon Pledge furniture polish polish on the glass, with a dedicated microfiber.

jrevens
11-26-2019, 07:25 PM
I use a little soapy water also, or even just plain water with a microfiber cloth too. I have some "special" official Oratex cleaner mixed with water in a spray bottle that I'll use occasionally also. I mostly use Novus #1 plastic cleaner on my windshield & other plastic, again also with a dedicated microfiber cloth.

jiott
11-26-2019, 08:59 PM
For cleaning the buggy spots, I use a spray bottle with mostly water and a LITTLE soap, and a microfiber cloth.
For windshield & windows/doors I use the Costco, non-ammonia, window cleaner in a spray can; I believe its called Sprayaway. With a dedicated microfiber cloth for application and another clean one for drying. The Costco stuff was what they were using at Stick & Rudder; inexpensive and works great.

Shadowrider
11-26-2019, 09:42 PM
Anyone use plexus on windows? if you look at them wrong they seem to scratch.

Frontier Fox
11-26-2019, 10:09 PM
I’ve used Plexus on my road bike and liked it. It’s hard to find locally though. Started using BugSlide with good results.

efwd
11-27-2019, 06:37 AM
I use Plexus and I love it. As for the leading edges, I use water on a rag and a dry microfiber behind it to rid it of water marks. Like John, I have the Oratex spray wash. It works well but I need to find an alternative as I am running out of it and I am not paying for the shipping and customs fee again.