PDA

View Full Version : Phase 1 - Best Rotax Inspection Practices

JoeRuscito
11-06-2019, 07:34 PM
Im at about 8 hrs on the engine and 4 hours flight time. I know I need to check the fuel filters soon and likely do a first oil change/check the filter and magnetic plug. At what hr are people doing these checks? Also it seems a 25 hr Rotax warrantee inspection is required. Should I wait and do all the above then? What are others doing? What all am I missing?

Of course Ive been inspecting the airframe and engine thoroughly after every flight but I want to make sure Im not missing something.

Thanks!

jiott
11-07-2019, 10:44 AM
I would just go by the book, unless something indicates otherwise. That's what I did.

JoeRuscito
11-07-2019, 10:57 AM
The rotax line manual and maintenance schedule I’m assuming is the book you refer to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiott
11-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Yes, that's right.

efwd
11-09-2019, 11:38 PM
Be sure you download the latest 912iS Maintenance Manual. I found the latest version as a result of taking the Rotax Class through California Power Systems. You will find that the 25 hr inspection is exactly what they call for on a 100hr. I also discovered that they recommend an oil change at every 50hrs now when 100LL is used 30% or more of the time, and an oil change only every 100hr when auto gas is used. Has anyone adopted that schedule yet? I don't believe KF has and neither has CPS when I spoke to them about it.