PDA

View Full Version : Matco brake pads

Halskf
08-17-2019, 07:10 PM
I have a KF IV with 800 x 6 tires and wheels. What is the source for brake pads and what is the identifying number to order.

PapuaPilot
08-17-2019, 07:34 PM
You need to know which model of brake caliper you have. Do you have your build manual or other documents for your brakes? If not try to find a part number for the brake caliper assembly and search at the Matco website. The pads are available at places like Aircraft Spruce as well as the Matco site.

Once you find the information file it away for future use.

Halskf
08-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have the builders logs since I am the third owner. The wheel is a Matco W62 " wheel with a Matco caliper. The pads take three rivets.
Aircraft Spruce lists several Matco part numbers, however I don't know which to order and I want to be certain the rivet holes will line up. Spruce part numbers range from BRL1 to BRL323.
Does anyone have the correct number to order?

HighWing
08-18-2019, 12:01 PM
I have relined brakes twice on factory original Matco brakes and have info on part numbers and needed tools. The part number I have used is Matco WHLBRL-1. This is the reline kit and it comes with four linings and the necessary rivets for the relining. The most dependable way to set the rivets would be using a "Brake Lining Rivet Tool" from Aircraft Spruce or elsewhere.

Do a search on Aircraft Spruce's website for the two items and you should be good to go.

FoxbuilderWill
08-18-2019, 12:40 PM
George Happ who runs Matco is very good about answering questions. Their email address is tech@matcomfg.com

http://www.matcomfg.com/contact.html

Dave S
08-18-2019, 02:53 PM
I'd vouch for Matco - they are good - easily solved a problem which old skystar created for me.

George Happ who runs Matco is very good about answering questions. Their email address is tech@matcomfg.com

http://www.matcomfg.com/contact.html

Halskf
08-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I will be ordering parts tonight.
Hal