PDA

View Full Version : IV rudder pedal reinforcement kit?

jonstark
07-22-2019, 09:57 AM
Does anybody here know what is included in the factory kit #35015.000 for rudder pedal reinforcement? Is it just gussets or does the kit include new torque tube assemblies?

The Kitfox folks are busy at Osh I’m sure.

Thx,
jon

jonstark
07-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Got word from factory that the kit is gussets only. FYI

i hope they’re swamped with new orders!

Podunc
07-27-2019, 07:01 AM
Does anybody here know what is included in the factory kit #35015.000 for rudder pedal reinforcement? Is it just gussets or does the kit include new torque tube assemblies?

The Kitfox folks are busy at Osh I’m sure.

Thx,
jon

I just threw the parts inventory list away. Basically, it comes with the gussets, four tubes to insert into the torque tube that extends horizontally to give some extra meat for the rivets. Additionally, it has hysol, micro balloons, rivets, and very detailed instructions. You’ll have to supply your own clecos, drill and bits, clamps, and motivation😀! The rivets are 1/8” and come in various lengths.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Po

DesertFox4
07-27-2019, 07:26 AM
Thanks for posting the list of supplied components Podunc. I was sure it was a pretty complete kit but didn’t remember the 4 torque tube inserts for extra strength. I imagine there could still be some aircraft out in the fleet that have not made this repair. Thanks for posting this again Jon and Podunc.👍

Podunc
07-28-2019, 05:22 PM
Thanks for posting the list of supplied components Podunc. I was sure it was a pretty complete kit but didn’t remember the 4 torque tube inserts for extra strength. I imagine there could still be some aircraft out in the fleet that have not made this repair. Thanks for posting this again Jon and Podunc.👍

You’re welcome. I’ve gotten so much from the hive that if I can help out, I most certainly will.

Cheers,
Po