Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Humidity while painting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Humidity while painting

There is alot to be said about puting things down and walking away when everything starts going south. Today I walked into the shop and after sanding the boo-boos out from yesterday...I laid down the last cross-coats of Poly Spray in the morning.

silver1.jpg

silver2.jpg

After drying I went after the white Poly Tone which is suggested prior to shooting either yellow or red. I decided to try a trick that Alan Nephews told me about. He said before shooting the color coats, put the paint into the freezer...it doesn't freeze but keeps the paint cool enough to dry slower and gives a glossier finish. The pictures you see below show not a wet coat but the resut I was hoping for with a glossy finish. If you look close enough you can see some tiger stripes, but I was only going for a light coat of white (as per the instructions). I did not cross coat it, so this is encouraging to see even this coat gloss up. The Temp for this was right around 70 and the humidity at 50%. I used the 8500 thinner reducer.

white1.jpg

white2.jpg

Will do the yellow tomorrow.
    Last edited by DanB; 11-29-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ