Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cost of Insurance, How much are people paying?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Cost of Insurance, How much are people paying?

I switched from Falcon to BWI also. $60,000 hull, tailwheel time 1500+, 70 years old, $1262. Renews in March... we'll see.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I recently got a quote from BWI that was north of $1500, for 50,000 hull and liability. 1000 tailwheel in make and model , clean history , ATP 20000 total . Too rich for me still looking , Bruce N199CL

I just renewed again with Falcon. They switched me to another carrier this year (forget which, sorry).

I have about 1000 hours in type, tailwheel, of my Kitfox IV. For $60k hull, $1M liability, my premium was about $1100 for the year.

I did have an interesting follow up with them this year. I had checked on the information request (as I always do) that I operate off "unpaved" airstrips. They emailed me back asking for a list of the unpaved strips I use. Needless to say, that is a very loaded question. I emailed back saying that I operate off strips ranging from Johnson Creek Idaho (and listed several others in the Frank Church I visited this summer) to several of the local "private" strips in my home area, along with potentially thousands of other strips both listed and unlisted with the FAA. I commented that my airplane is a bush plane, designed for "off airport" operations and wanted direct comment if this is going to be a problem with coverage.

This is the response I received:

Good morning Mr. Wenning,

Most of the times the underwriter will want to know what airports you will be using if they are not paved. I will just let them know that you advised that there could be a lot of airports you may use that aren’t paved, and then reference 3U2 and W23, I think they will be satisfied with that answer.

Regards,
    Mary Corbin

I have not received any further requests for information and consider the matter closed.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Larry , Your quote is the best I've seen , any chance you can find out who your specific carrier is? I will give Falcon a call. Thanks Bruce N199CL

Old Republic Aerospace, $1089.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I insure with Avemco and although not cheap, they always answer the phone. $1,900 with full coverage, 1Mil liability, ,$100,000 medical and $72,000 hull; and a couple hundred less when on hangar only, in winter.
    Am ATP with 26,000hrs. 800 TW and 450 in Kitfox (TW) Yellow Kitfox.

I just joined EAA so I could have them give me a quote. I tried our broker that insures our company aircraft and they suggested using someone else because they don’t have access to some underwriters. 1700$ full coverage 110k hull and 0$ deductible. 1mil liability. I only have 55 tailwheel time.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrider View Post
    I just joined EAA so I could have them give me a quote. I tried our broker that insures our company aircraft and they suggested using someone else because they don’t have access to some underwriters. 1700$ full coverage 110k hull and 0$ deductible. 1mil liability. I only have 55 tailwheel time.
    what company gave this pricing?
    Kitfox Model SS7 E-AB
    Airmaster CS
    G3X touch

Rotax 912 IS
    Eastern Missouri