I read and search for all things aviation related on the internet. I am an admitted airplane junky.

I found a really interesting web site called FlyCasey.com. Seems his primary business is instruction in all the M-Class Piper aircraft and then ferrying King Airs, JetProps, Meridians - most anything with a turbine to overseas destinations. Stories are posted of flights to China and Saudi Arabia. Casey also is a military helicopter flight instructor and does a lot of work with instruction in the PA-46 aircraft.
There are also educational articles; some can even apply to us and our flying - such as now to handle an engine-out situation. Anyway - really good reading.

In one of his articles, he talked about the headset he wears. Naturally, I thought he'd have a $1200 Bose or another top of the line high dollar set. Not so.

He buys a set of Bose QC-25 ANR headphones - and then from a company called UFlyMike.com, he buys an adapter that plugs into the Bose headphone - and then has the correct cables to plug into an intercom.

Amazon has the QC-25 for about $130 - and UFlymike has the mike, boom and cable for $225 ( for the Harmony Light) There is another Harmony with more cable options available.

Since I all ready have good Bose headsets, I can't take advantage of this combination. And - I've obviously never flown with the QC-25/UflyMike set-up.

I am posting this because some of you may be looking for another option besides raiding the bank account of $2400 bucks for a set of headsets.

This looks like an interesting possibility - and you might call Casey for a first hand report if your interested in pursuing this.

Hope this might help someone.

Regards
Rodney

PS: I was sitting in my recliner last nite reading Sports Aviation when my wife walked up behind me and saw the word "cruise" on one of the pages. She said - "Oh - are you thinking of taking me on a cruise? How about Alaska?" I had to tell her that "No - this cruise means how fast an airplane can go cross-country."
Obviously I didn't score any points with that remark.