Just got back from HSF 2018. I knew I should have stayed home , now I want my own plane.
Like the rest I would really like to own a Kitfox. Hopefully within 9-12 months

But, I'm a complete Noob about them and need lots of info. I do apologize in advance for not finding all of this info using the search function , but here goes

Me- Got my PPL in July 18 and my tailwheel endorsement last month ( I did say Noob)
Flying a club Citabria logging landings but will be buying an aircraft within the year
I have been looking at older, budget friendly craft like a Piper Pacer, Cessna 140, 170 ect. Only because they are within budget ( let say 40K)
I live in Lakeside California and fly out of SEE and MYF
I plan on enjoying my retirement by flying to grass and dirt strips and doing some weekend camping with the plane
My wife wont fly with me so a 2 seater is fine
I also realize lighter aircraft = less room/less payload
Due to my home base anything will need a radio and transponder. It would be nice t have a GPS but I can always use the ipad
The other bad point is I wont be able to rent a hangar so if I park it at the airport It would be outside
My garage at home would fit one with wings folded

So, here are a few KitFox questions

1. Models - I am watching a Kitfox2 and although a bit early in my search I like this one but no transponder and radio is hand held.
re there any models that I should shy away from ?

2. Cross Country Flight - I don't need to get there in a hurry so speed isn't a factor,but what about comfort? The longest flight in one day I could imagine doing would be san diego to truckee or salt lake

3. Buying a used, already built plane - my only option due to budget , cant afford the kit and the engine

4. Anyone want to partner up in San Diego ? I do plan on getting it dirty

Thanks in advance And thanks for the site. I found a place with knowledge !