Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model I Weight & Balance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Model I Weight & Balance

Hello to everyone.

I just purchased Model 1 SN 133, for which the original Denny Aerocraft purchaser/builder received an Airworthiness Certificate in 2015 ( Experimental, Operating Amateur Built Aircraft). It took him almost thirty years to finish it. The airplane tach now shows a total time of 20.3 hours, which is true and correct. The airplane is essentially brand new, and looks it. 582 powered (engine purchased in 2009).

My current problem is that the builder's manual does not seem to exist in the paperwork that I have received with the airplane, including weight and balance information that makes complete sense. Apparently the Datum is the leading edge of the wing, but the CG range is given as '51'.

So once again hello to everyone, and I'll ask my first question of the Forum: What is the CG range for a Plain Vanilla Model 1? I'm sure there will be many more questions as this process unfolds.

Any and all comments or information would certainly be appreciated ...

Thanks to all in advance,

John Adcock, A&P, IA
    San Diego, CA
    Attached Images Attached Images