Hello gents, first post. Looks like I'm going to have a bunch of questions.

I currently have an RV-6, and I'm going to take possesion of a Kitfox kit late this week. I have not laid eyes on it as of yet, but I've been told it was originally purchased as a Kitfox 2, then the kit was upgraded to a Kitfox 3, and finally to a 4. I didn't think that's even possible without a completely different fuse and wing... It supposedly has a 912 with it as well. Apparently almost no work has been done, which is a good thing.

Any guidance from the group as far as how to ID components/versions? I don't yet know what kind of paperwork it's going to have with it. I've only been told it has "all the manuals and everything".

Based on the limited research I've done so far, I'm interested in the Kitfox at the Model 4-1200 level and above, so I'm not sure that the components I'm getting are going to be useable with that in mind.

If it turns out that I can build it to the level I want, or close, then that's great. If not, I'll likley be selling the kit or parting out the components.

I'm coming to the group for help, so please give me your initial thoughts, good or bad. As I learn more about what it actually is I'll let you know.

Doug