Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wheel Alignment

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Wheel Alignment

I would imagine it will be pretty close to straight, but really, checking toe in/out can be pretty easy. See my post on the thread below. It takes 2 pins, a level spot, a tape measure, and 3 minutes. Similar to Lowell's thoughts, but practically I take this as the actual measurement. You can figure out the degrees with a little geometry/trig. I have about .8 degrees toe out on each wheel. Ground control seems great.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...hlight=geowitz

* Roll the plane forward for 10 feet or so to settle the gear as it would sit when rolling in an actual taxi/take off. Then measure in the back. Roll forward and measure in the front. If you want to get real technical you can get someone to sit in the plane so you can see what it is at flying weight. Perhaps with tail up in flying position as well as toe in/out will change from 3 point to tail up config.

Just my way of doing things and it seems to be working great.
    Last edited by Geowitz; 01-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.