I am looking at a KF4 partial build to buy. I am a student pilot working towards my PPL. I consider myself a "shade tree mechanic", I do basic repairs on my rides (basic tune-ups, brake jobs, oil svc, etc.) I "think" I can handle the build. I do NOT know how complete the existing parts & components are remaining. What I have seen in pics is the airframe, wings, numerous boxes, and a pile of documentation. I plan to drive out and look at the kit prior to making the purchase.
I am considered a "Seasoned citizen" at 67, semi-retired and living with a fixed income.
First question: Am I CRAZY for even thinking about doing this? 2nd: should I get my PPL finished before I start looking at aircraft to purchase?
I need a "experimental" aircraft that has folding wings. I could not afford to hanger the bird. My airport (kjzp), has very limited hanger space, and I do not plan to park it on the ramp.
So I am seeking your advice, opinions, discussions with my possible purchase of the KF4.
I have to think the fine folks out at Homedale will support my quest!(They want to sell parts!)
Thank-you in advance for your responses!
BR