Please note that even the simplest, most innocent looking modification can have catastrophic consequences. The reason the Kitfox is so reliable and safe is because it was carefully engineered, tested, and then verified with thousands of Kitfoxes flying hundreds of thousands of hours. Make any mod at your own risk! Having got that disclaimer out of the way, What are your favorite Kitfox mods?

I will start! I have 600hrs on my series 6 and have made a few mods. If you have Kitfox 1-6, the absolute best mods are the ones used on the Kitfox 7! I have a series 6 and but used the series 7 firewall forward. The other series 7 mod I added is the amazing door latch that secures both the front and back edges of the door frame. If you want ideas for mods, just find a series 7 to gawk at!

Here are my personal mods:

1) Air Vents. I live in the desert where we have two temperatures - broiling hot and freezing. I had the vista vents at first because I liked the fact that they were adjustable but what I found was that they simply did not provide enough air. I simply drilled out the vista vent and then riveted a big air scoop to the outside to cram air into the cabin. I routinely fly in 115F weather and these vents keep me from swimming in my own sweat. In the winter, I use a 2.5" expansion pipe plug available at plumbing supply stores to shut off all the air.

2) Panel Access Doors. I'm an engineer and constantly upgrading my panel and this requires easy access to the back. I have the series 7 firewall forward which means the boot cowl attached to the fuselage and a removable glare shield. The removable glare shield makes it a bit easier but what I have done is to add reinforced doors in the boot cowl so I can easily reach thru and access every part of the back side of the panel while viewing thru the windscreen. In under 5 minutes I can have the glare shield off and be comfortably working on the back of my panel.

NOTE: there was an old thread from 2011 but a lot has changed since then so I started this new thread. If you want to view the old thread ... https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...st-Kitfox-Mods

door-latch.jpg
panel-access-door-closed.jpg
panel-access-door.jpg
mega-vent.jpg
plug.jpg