Keith,

My position in the food chain here is simply a builder and flyer who wanted a place to land for information sharing about Kitfox aircraft. Just like John and JIm.

Teamkitfox has, above all, been a stable platform which provides a place for kitfox builders and flyers to share the full breadth of information and tribal knowledge that is so useful to completing a build and connecting people.

lists of various types do not historically have the stability which Teamkitfox has had. That historic stability is a hallmark of Teamkitfox; and, is not all that easy to achieve in the long run. To be useful, an entity has to be there in the long run. Teamkitfox has done that.

Maybe this is a little tongue in cheek, but possibly a store down the road from me which sold general kitchen supplies was criticized by an individual for not specializing in left handed corkscrews specifically to be used for opening wine bottles only under the full moon. Let's say a corkscrew shop opened up next door - which store do you think is here today?

It might be useful to recall that aviation interests in general are a pretty darn small part of our society, splintering what we have is not likely to increase and expand the general good.

The administrators and advertisers on Teamkitfox have, over a fairly long period of time, carefully constructed a very useful and functional site while guiding list members down the path of constructive information exchange.

We have a gem here in Teamkitfox.

I'd say practice with the search function a little, read your aircraft build manual, connect with your local EAA chapter, be active in your local airport and that will best help a person get their plane built.

If you think the List is missing a something that builders need, maybe a suggestion to the administrators about adding a function to this site is appropriate.