Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: My Introduction

Default My Introduction

Hi Kitfoxers...

I thought I would introduce myself since I just bought a Kitfox Super Sport. I live at an airpark in Michigan and drive airliners for a living. I'm the good looking guy on the right...

This Kitfox will be my 5th homebuilt. Currently I'm building a Zenith Cruzer and most of the construction is done and I'm currently painting. I'm painting this plane in a Blue Angels paint scheme. Click the link in my signature for my builder's log.

I also have started a YouTube channel about building this plane. I'm new to making videos but really enjoy it and hopefully eventually the editing will be much better.

So here's the long story...I'm a RANS guy. My first two kits were RANS planes. I own and run the www.ransclan.com website and forums. I've been going to Oshkosh for the last 20 years with the same group of friends. Most of them fly Kitfoxes.

In 2011, my buddy had to put his plane into the trees after an engine failure. In 2012 I lost my RANS S-6S due to a fire on the way home from Oshkosh. In 2013 my other buddy with a Kitfox lost his to an engine failure (brand new fuel line kinked-was found to be defective). Anyway, I went on to build an RV-7 but sold it after I completed most of the airframe. Both of my buddy's bought new Kitfox Super Sports. Rex's fox is just about done and ready to fly.

My buddy Mike bought his and completed a lot of the tasks but then just got too busy with family issues and after 5 years, decided the plane was not going to get completed. He bought it with the quick build wings and has dual landing lights and LED nav/strobes and tons of other extras.

Although I am not ready for another kit right now, I decided to buy his Kitfox not only because I love these planes, but I just didn't want his airplane to go to a stranger. I will finish it and fly it and I'm looking forward to taking my friend up in 'his' plane.

I was pretty set on an S-20 as my next plane, but I think I got a good deal on this plane and I'm glad I bought it.

So I've been reading lots of info on this forum and it looks like a fantastic community. If you'd like to check out my YouTube channel, just search for "Kitplane Enthusiast".

Mark Pensenstadler
    Last edited by KitplaneEnthusiast; 11-05-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Price's Airpark, Linden, MI (9G2)
    S-10 | S-6S | RV-7 | Cherokee 160 | Zenith Cruzer | Kitfox | Mooney M20C

Default Re: My Introduction

Welcome to the forum Mark. I smiled when I saw your location. I kept my first plane, a C-120, at the Linden (Price's) airport back in the late 1980s.

You are going to like the SS7. You better get busy and build it.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Welcome Mark, Yes you will love the Kitfox. Great airplanes.

I"m excited for you! I love my Fox but the community is the best part of the adventure. They, we, are here to see you be successful, safe and happy.
    Enjoy the ride.

Welcome aboard Mark. I just started my first build and am really enjoying the process.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

Welcome aboard Mark. Looking forward to the Youtube.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thank you for the welcome-I'm excited to get started on the Fox. By the way, I have a few videos posted of my friend Steve's Kitfox Super Sport on my Kitplane Enthusiast YouTube channel.

Steve has since sold his airplane but if you ever see it out and about, give it a good look over. It is immaculate! He is a professional machinist and custom made a lot of parts like door latches and other non-structural things.

I really wish he didn't sell it, but it is a beautiful airplane.
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Price's Airpark, Linden, MI (9G2)
    S-10 | S-6S | RV-7 | Cherokee 160 | Zenith Cruzer | Kitfox | Mooney M20C

As a fellow Michigander...Welcome aboard.
    I grew up in Plymouth Mich.
    Look forward to seeing your build on youtube.

All the best!
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Welcome! Looking forward to a cool build thread!!!

I love my model 4. I've done some rework on the wings, put in a new engine. It now has big tires and looks cool. I have basic white and it will stay that way. I call it ugly duck. haha. anyway, I also built an rv7 love that plane, the wife will only go in that one, I put heated seats in it for her and she loves it. It also goes fast. will go slow when I want it. Love both planes, I 've been asked which one I like the most, I say whatever one I'm in at the time. they both have their place. But the rv is the one I built from start so it has my heart.
    I grew up in Taylor MI. I went in the military and they sent me to Fairchild AFB. I married my wife over here and have been here since 1974. Love it here. I have family in Livonia MI, so we go back and see them . We go to OSH quit often and have made the trip in the rv7. That was a fun trip. We are planning on going in 2019, looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the kitfox clan.
    have a happy build, I know you are going to have fun.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop