Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 7 vs Super Sport

Default Kitfox 7 vs Super Sport

Hi all,

Am I correct in that there is a Kitfox 7 and Kitfox 7 Super Sport? I'm seeing it listed sometimes as a 7 or a SS. Maybe it's the same. Is there a difference in the two?

Thanks
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Price's Airpark, Linden, MI (9G2)
    S-10 | S-6S | RV-7 | Cherokee 160 | Zenith Cruzer | Kitfox | Mooney M20C

Default Re: Kitfox 7 vs Super Sport

Mark,
    You're on the wrong site! You know that the S7 is made by a company that starts with an 'R'!! LOL

I don't know the answer but wanted give you guff. 😁

I know nothing of which you speak...LOL
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Price's Airpark, Linden, MI (9G2)
    S-10 | S-6S | RV-7 | Cherokee 160 | Zenith Cruzer | Kitfox | Mooney M20C

There's no difference, and I don't even think you specify when you order. I think the SS just refers to the ability to certify at the light sport limits. The kit is the same.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

The 7 is the SkyStar version and hasn’t been made sice SkyStar disolved.

Airframe dimension wise as I understand are pretty much the same. A few late SkyStar 7’s rolled out with side access doors on the pilot side of the aft fuselage for the large and extended bagage compartments.

Different rudder profiles are one distinct tell tale.
    No pun intended.

The 7SS signifies Kitfox Aircraft’s version since the company was formed in 2006. I suspect serial numbers would also reflect which company built and sold the kit. Kitfox Aircraft’s 7SS has many changes that were and are still being made to ease the building process for builders. Many are subtle and hidden after fabric is applied but nice time savers none the less. Many or most of those changes end up as standard features of the latest kits. Let’s say the 7SS is more refined and evolving continually yet.
    Also the manual was redone from the ground up to clarify and simplify many build processes making it hands down the most comprehensive kit aircraft construction manual anywhere. Anyone that has ever built or helped a buddy build another make kit plane knows how valuable a clear and consise construction manual is to completeting the build. Kitfox Aircraft’s manual would win the Gold Lindy award every year at Oshkosh if there was such a catagory.👍
    I’m sure John could give you all a much more detailed discription of the differences since he and Debra started Kitfox Aircraft LLC. if he had time away from continually improving, selling and shipping 7SS kits.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I believe the SS includes the bubble doors, the lexan turtle deck and the electric elevator trim. I know this, at least, as I "upgraded" each of those during my build.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Bubble doors were optional on my 7SS kit Dorsal. The other two items you mentioned came in the standard kit.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear