Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: It's confirmed I'm a Fox-aholic

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default It's confirmed I'm a Fox-aholic

4.8 Hrs on the Fox today. Flew to the Red Deer River for the badland tour. It's a 50mile flight from homebase. From there back to Linden for cinamon buns and coffee, back to a friends farm and then off to Red Deer. I picked up an old friend that taught me to fly remote control airplanes some 30years ago. He is now 80 and smiled all the way around the area. It was good to make an old mentor smile.
    I switched from three blades on the 912 UL to two blades and picked up 10mph. It seems to cruise at 90-95mph at 5200 RPM. With the three blade it sees about 80-85mph. I did get a noticable vibration with the two blade and went back to the three blade to retest when I got back to homebase. Same result, back to 80-85 with less vibration but still some. So one of two things I am thinking. Carb cleaning and balance again or the gearbox needs servicing. I have previously balanced the carbs and had it fairly smooth but it is possible that some dirt has gummed the carbs in the 16hrs I now have on the plane and a cleaning and rebalance is in order.
    I know some have had gearbox issues and it seems to mimic carbs that are out of sync. This is an older UL I think it is probably due for service. It is tough to turn over and almost has a metal scraping sound as you turn it over.
    Any thoughts on carb sync or gearbox service might be helpful.
    Norm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV