Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inserting photos

Default Re: Inserting photos

Here is the water pump
    image.jpg

I've had the single picture issue as well. If I try putting Guinness in next it will only put in the last picture I search to install.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I haven't had a problem uploading & attaching multiple photos with text before or after/between them from my computer either. As I think it's been explained, write some text first if you wish, then go to "Attach Files, Manage Attachments" and browse & upload a photo from your computer. Make sure your cursor is after the text if you want the picture to be below that text before you upload. Then take a look at the "preview" and place the cursor after/below the picture. Go back to edit & write some more text if you wish, then stop with the cursor below that. Then go back to Manage attachments again & upload another picture... that picture will be below the last text that you typed. You can keep doing that for as many picture/text/picture/text...etc. groups as you wish.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

On my first post I did write some text first than posted the picture of the water pump.

(Picture of water pump was attached here.)

Then I wrote some more text, and then went to post the picture of Guinness,

( & posted Guinness here.)

You saw what resulted from doing it, and it only does it on my iPad.
    By the way it works fine on my Apple Mac Desktop, but it doesn’t work on my iPad.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I guess I had never tried it with the iPad, Paul. Yep... you are right - I find that I can only download one image per post with my iPad mini. As soon as I download a second one, the first one is removed.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

IPad (Apple) assigns the same file name to all photos. The site operating software recognizes only one photo file with the same file name at a time or so I was told by vBulletin experts and my I.T. guy. I won't get into all of that on line here but just know it is not anything you guys are doing incorrectly and we are aware and looking at ways to fix.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I can't seem to find the exact thread where it was being discussed, but there was info on various programs or apps for re-sizing photos before trying to post them on this site. I just wanted to mention my favorite (for Windows machines), and it's free - IrfanView. http://www.irfanview.com/
    It's extremely versatile & easy to use. You can do batch conversions of multiple image files if you want to, and all kinds of other things. It's a great program.
    Last edited by jrevens; 11-21-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

I use cloudinary.com. You can host your images for free and then all it takes is some text in your url to automatically have the size adjusted. Way easier and works with any OS
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO

PreView is AWSOME, I always use PreView, then I can fix my problems.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas