Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flight characteristics

Default Flight characteristics

I have kitfox 4 1200 series that was a speedster and I recently installed long wings, it seems I have to use a lot of right rudder and have it trimmed lo with while in flight. Is there something I'm missing and need to adjust?I didn't remember it flying like this with the short wings

Default Re: Flight characteristics

Are the new wings new to the airplane or did you add wing extensions. The reason I ask is that during construction the wings are mated to the fuselage, then the lift strut brackets are fitted. If there are slight differences in the original fuselage and yours, it could result in a twist in the new wings resulting in what you are experiencing. The original tooling, I, II, III and IV, was not as robust as the V and up and some of the fuselage weldments were not as true and consistent as found with current models. You might want to try adjusting the rod ends at the ends of the lift struts.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

The wings were take off a salvaged kitfox 4 I was careful about the angle of the wings when I installed them

As Lowell suggests, I would go thru a complete wing rigging procedure as spelled out in the manual, including setting the flaperons neutral position. After that is done, then you can further tweak with the rod ends and add some rudder trim tab.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS