Well, I've been stalking this forum for almost two years, surely seen every Kitfox video on youtube, read every published article, had several conversations with John and Debra, sold my Piper Cherokee, and ordered an S7 Super Sport kit this morning. Pretty excited and got even more excited when Debra told me that I can have it delivered next month. I will miss the Cherokee. She was a very reliable plane but truth be known, I logged more hours when I was renting a 150. I've been dreaming of building for a few years and would go back and forth on kits and scratch builds (and even own a few different sets of plans). The wife and I recently made a matrix of aircraft and established a scoring system on every attribute imaginable and the Kitfox was well ahead of every other plane in the final score. So for a quick introduction, my name is Mike and I live in southwest Missouri. I spent my young adult life in the Army and spend my current mid years employed by a defense contractor. I am married with 3 children and only the youngest still remains in the nest. The other two children remain in our home state of Texas along with my grandson. I have only been flying for 5 years but flying has consumed more daydreams in those 5 years then I could possibly compare to anything else. Haven't received my taildragger endorsement but there is a Rans S7 at a nearby airport that I can receive instruction in and rent to remain current. My entire point of this post was to announce that I too am now a Kitfox builder and I've seem to run on a bit. The amount of support in these forums was an attribute on my list and look forward to all ya'lls help.

Mike