Hi guys.....2nd post, lots of questions...this one for now.

Finally got to fly my new kitfox 4 for the first time yesterday. Was a beautiful day in Calgary. The 912s in that airplane is unbelievable!
I only got to fly around for about 30 minutes before my Dynon 10-EMS went black.....( working on that).
I have never flown an airplane with flaperons. I have read many threads on the use of these for both take off and landings, so have gathered info there.
I took off with 0 flap, or lever all the way down. I have the electric elevator trim on my plane so am able to remove forces that way. I noticed while in cruise at around 5250-5300 rpm at 4500 feet, that the forward vis was not great and that I was flying with a noticeable nose up attitude. I started to play with the flaps and noticed an immediate improvement to the forward view as the nose lowered substantially. Again, been a rookie with flaperons, is this a normal thing to do in a kitfox? I am used to flying with flaps up.....this you would think would be most efficient, but maybe not with flaperons. I never got a chance to notice if the airspeed was effected by this because I had the dynon failure shortly after.
Also, many refer to flap settings as been either at 20, or 10, 30, etc. My flap lever has no notches or indicators.....so how do you know? Many say to never land full flap, while others seem to encourage it. Some never use them at all.
I guess it's subjective at best.
Anyway, any answer to these flap questions would be greatly appreciated! Most important right now is.....do you normally fly in cruise with the flaps extended slightly? Is this more efficient? Seems to be....but again never got a chance to watch the airspeed......
Thanks guys

Wade