Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Alignment or What??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Alignment or What??

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with.

I have a model III with a bungee gear and FOXKING tires that I "hanger" in an enclosed trailer.

I placed blocks in the ground to help position the mains while the tailwheel is put in a track centered in the trailer. I put the mains on the blocks, tailwheel in the track and winch the plane into the trailer.

It seems that the plane tends to move to the right as it enters the trailer. When I winch the plane back out, it moves to the right even more. It will move 10-12 inches. Picture 1 shows how I position it before winching it into the trailer, picture 2 shows how far to the right it moves when winching it in and back out.

I did a quick check of the alignment and I think that it is toed-in a little, but both seem to be about equal. The distance from the main axel to the tailwheel is equal for both wheels. We just changed the bungees and there seems to be quite a bit of camber with it sitting empty but I think that is to be expected.

I just don't understand why it acts like the mains are turning to the left when winching it into the trailer, and like the mains are turning (a lot) to the right when winching it out of the trailer.

ANY IDEAS?????

Louie
    Attached Images Attached Images