Folks:

Greetings. I am a Model IV 1050 builder/owner (450 hours) from the early 90s and was very active in the Forum at the time, but life gets in the way ...

Now I find I need members' help again. Today I blew my 'tailpipe' off the muffler, in flight. Funny, and I had just yanked on it in May during the plane's annual and it was secure. Oh well.

Ok, since the pipe is gone and I do not like the rattling I hear when shaking the muffler I assume some of the baffles are also toast, so I would like to obtain a new muffler/pipe combo rather than try to salvage this one. No reason to be cheap with this.

Now, Skystar is out of business and Kitfox does not appear to be supporting the 2-strokes at all, so where do I obtain a new muffler with the tailpipe properly clocked for exit from the Kitfox cowling? I will try LEAF but thought I would post and see what other members have done who have needed replacements.

I would like to keep the configuration exactly as I have it now as that has worked for 15 years.

I hope I am posting to the right place. I already screwed up once, sorry! So many choices in this forum.

Robert Beck

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to your accumulated wisdom/BS!